The Other Side
  • Home
  • Politics
  • News
    • Trending
    • Movie
    • Sports
    • Food
    • Travel
      • Food
      • Gaming
  • About
Please Support Us
The Other Side
  • Home
  • Politics
  • News
    • Trending
    • Movie
    • Sports
    • Food
    • Travel
      • Food
      • Gaming
  • About
No Result
View All Result
The Other Side
Please Support Us
  • Home
  • Politics
  • News
  • About
Home News

Heavy traffic pours into Sidon as Israeli strikes force families from southern Lebanon homes

by Monica Paing
August 17, 2026
in News
Reading Time: 2 mins read
375 24
Heavy traffic pours into Sidon as Israeli strikes force families from southern Lebanon homes
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Families Flee Airstrikes

Hundreds of families fled towards Sidon on Saturday from towns and villages near the Israel-Hezbollah front, after Israeli airstrikes killed 11 people in Nabatieh district.

Footage shows heavy traffic on the road into Sidon, while the opposite direction is almost empty. Trucks loaded with belongings and mattresses, as well as vehicles carrying horses, can also be seen making their way towards the city.

Screengrab of the video

Mahdi Hanini, displaced from Majdal Salim, said his family was forced to leave the village for fear of further Israeli military operations, adding that he expected the situation to escalate.

Amer Saleh Obeid, displaced from Nabatieh, said his family had been forced to relocate repeatedly over the years. He claimed they would be targeted by the Israeli army if they returned home.

Death Toll Rises

“It would be better if the situation escalated again than if we lost one of our people every day. May God help the people. If tensions escalate, we pray that God grants them victory,” he added.

Lebanon’s Ministry of Health said the death toll from Saturday’s Israeli airstrikes had risen to 11, with 19 others wounded. Seven people were killed in Ansar and four in Deir al-Zahrani.

Screengrab of the video

The Israeli army said it had targeted “infrastructure belonging to the terrorist organisation Hezbollah in the Nabatieh and Ansar areas.” It said the strikes were in response to an operation carried out by Hezbollah against its forces in the Ali al-Taher Heights area.

Lebanese President Joseph Aoun condemned the attacks, describing them as “violations that send a clear message regarding the negotiation process and US efforts aimed at implementing the framework agreement.”

Peace Talks Continue

The seventh round of direct negotiations between Lebanon and Israel ended in Rome last week under US auspices. The talks centred on an Israeli withdrawal from southern Lebanon, the deployment of the Lebanese Army and the future of Hezbollah’s arsenal.

The negotiations are taking place under the Framework Agreement signed on June 26. It sets out a phased process linking the restoration of Lebanese state authority and the verified disarmament of non-state armed groups to the gradual redeployment of Israeli forces from Lebanese territory, beginning with pilot zones.

Lebanon is demanding a complete Israeli withdrawal and the restoration of state sovereignty across the south. Israel says its withdrawal depends on the verified disarmament of Hezbollah and other non-state armed groups, along with further security arrangements.

Hezbollah is not taking part in the talks and has rejected the process, accusing the Lebanese government of bowing to US and Israeli pressure.

Article by Viory

Related Post:

Israeli forces patrol Zawtar Al-Sharqiyah, deploy among homes despite talks on phased withdrawal from southern Lebanon

Iran displays mangled US, Israeli aircraft it says were brought down in fighting

Share this content:

Advertisement Banner
Previous Post

Traditional dress, dance and music fill Nusantara ahead of Indonesia’s 81st anniversary

Next Post

One dead, three missing as flash floods rip through eastern China

Related Posts

One dead, three missing as flash floods rip through eastern China
News

One dead, three missing as flash floods rip through eastern China

August 17, 2026
Traditional dress, dance and music fill Nusantara ahead of Indonesia’s 81st anniversary
News

Traditional dress, dance and music fill Nusantara ahead of Indonesia’s 81st anniversary

August 16, 2026
Next Post
One dead, three missing as flash floods rip through eastern China

One dead, three missing as flash floods rip through eastern China

Recommended

One dead, three missing as flash floods rip through eastern China
News

One dead, three missing as flash floods rip through eastern China

August 17, 2026
Heavy traffic pours into Sidon as Israeli strikes force families from southern Lebanon homes
News

Heavy traffic pours into Sidon as Israeli strikes force families from southern Lebanon homes

August 17, 2026
Traditional dress, dance and music fill Nusantara ahead of Indonesia’s 81st anniversary
News

Traditional dress, dance and music fill Nusantara ahead of Indonesia’s 81st anniversary

August 16, 2026

Popular Playlist

Currently Playing

Scott Ritter: Russia All in to Confront the Worst-Case Scenario

Scott Ritter: Russia All in to Confront the Worst-Case Scenario

Scott Ritter: Russia All in to Confront the Worst-Case Scenario

News

Categories

  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • Trending
  • Uncategorized

Follow Us

  • Advertise
  • Contact
  • Privacy Policy
  • Careers

© 2025 theotherside.asia, Singapore

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In

Add New Playlist

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Politics
  • News
    • Trending
    • Movie
    • Sports
    • Food
    • Travel
      • Food
      • Gaming
  • About

© 2025 theotherside.asia, Singapore

Are you sure want to unlock this post?
Unlock left : 0
Are you sure want to cancel subscription?