The Other Side
  • Home
  • Politics
  • News
    • Trending
    • Movie
    • Sports
    • Food
    • Travel
      • Food
      • Gaming
  • About
Please Support Us
The Other Side
  • Home
  • Politics
  • News
    • Trending
    • Movie
    • Sports
    • Food
    • Travel
      • Food
      • Gaming
  • About
No Result
View All Result
The Other Side
Please Support Us
  • Home
  • Politics
  • News
  • About
Home News

France’s Sophie Adenot makes debut spacewalk to replace high-speed antenna

by Monica Paing
August 19, 2026
in News
Reading Time: 2 mins read
387 12
France’s Sophie Adenot makes debut spacewalk to replace high-speed antenna
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Historic Spacewalk Begins

NASA astronaut Anil Menon and France’s Sophie Adenot stepped outside the International Space Station on Tuesday for a six-and-a-half-hour spacewalk, with a faulty communications antenna in their sights.

Footage shows Menon opening the hatch before the pair emerge from the orbiting laboratory, around 260 miles above Earth. Adenot can be seen working on the space-to-ground antenna, before later shots show the astronauts side by side with the Earth stretching out beneath them.

Screengrab of the video

The mission marked a giant first for Adenot, who became the first French woman to conduct a spacewalk.

It was Menon’s second trip outside the station, following a previous spacewalk with NASA astronaut Jessica Meir on August 6.

Replacing Faulty Antenna

At the start of Tuesday’s operation, the ISS was travelling northwest to southeast across northern Africa, orbiting Earth at an inclination of 51.6 degrees to the equator.

Menon served as spacewalk crew member one, wearing a suit marked with red stripes, while European Space Agency astronaut Adenot served as crew member two in an unmarked suit.

Screengrab of the video

Their main job was to rip out and replace a degraded Space-to-Ground Antenna, a crucial high-speed communications link between the ISS and Mission Control in Houston.

NASA said the ageing antenna began suffering problems with its ability to swivel, or gimbal, in November. The unit had been installed during the STS-132 Space Shuttle mission in May 2010 by NASA astronauts Garrett Reisman and Steve Bowen.

17-Year Spare Finally Used

And its replacement had been waiting in orbit for 17 years.

The spare antenna was delivered during the STS-127 mission and installed outside the station by astronauts Dave Wolf and Tom Marshburn on July 20, 2009, the 40th anniversary of the Apollo 11 Moon landing.

The station’s first space-to-ground antenna on the Z1 truss was carried into orbit aboard STS-92 in October 2000 and installed by astronauts Leroy Chiao and William MacArthur.

Tuesday’s excursion was the 282nd spacewalk devoted to assembling, maintaining and upgrading the ISS, with the operation expected to last around six and a half hours.

NASA TV, via Viory.Video

Related Post:

Spacewalk surgery – NASA astronauts replace faulty wrist joint on ISS robotic arm

Soyuz MS-29 Spacecraft docks with International Space Station module

Share this content:

Advertisement Banner
Previous Post

Let me be CLEAR… the Strait will NOT be opened! – Qalibaf says US must honour June MoU before Hormuz reopens

Next Post

‘When my daughter was struggling, it became Meta’s bottom line’ – Parents demand accountability from social media giant as landmark child safety trial begins in California

Related Posts

‘When my daughter was struggling, it became Meta’s bottom line’ – Parents demand accountability from social media giant as landmark child safety trial begins in California
News

‘When my daughter was struggling, it became Meta’s bottom line’ – Parents demand accountability from social media giant as landmark child safety trial begins in California

August 19, 2026
Zamboanga school shooting – Two students dead as campus attack sparks calls for tighter safeguards
News

Zamboanga school shooting – Two students dead as campus attack sparks calls for tighter safeguards

August 19, 2026
Next Post
‘When my daughter was struggling, it became Meta’s bottom line’ – Parents demand accountability from social media giant as landmark child safety trial begins in California

'When my daughter was struggling, it became Meta's bottom line' - Parents demand accountability from social media giant as landmark child safety trial begins in California

Recommended

‘When my daughter was struggling, it became Meta’s bottom line’ – Parents demand accountability from social media giant as landmark child safety trial begins in California
News

‘When my daughter was struggling, it became Meta’s bottom line’ – Parents demand accountability from social media giant as landmark child safety trial begins in California

August 19, 2026
France’s Sophie Adenot makes debut spacewalk to replace high-speed antenna
News

France’s Sophie Adenot makes debut spacewalk to replace high-speed antenna

August 19, 2026
Let me be CLEAR… the Strait will NOT be opened! – Qalibaf says US must honour June MoU before Hormuz reopens
Politics

Let me be CLEAR… the Strait will NOT be opened! – Qalibaf says US must honour June MoU before Hormuz reopens

August 19, 2026

Popular Playlist

Currently Playing

Scott Ritter: Russia All in to Confront the Worst-Case Scenario

Scott Ritter: Russia All in to Confront the Worst-Case Scenario

Scott Ritter: Russia All in to Confront the Worst-Case Scenario

News

Categories

  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • Trending
  • Uncategorized

Follow Us

  • Advertise
  • Contact
  • Privacy Policy
  • Careers

© 2025 theotherside.asia, Singapore

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In

Add New Playlist

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Politics
  • News
    • Trending
    • Movie
    • Sports
    • Food
    • Travel
      • Food
      • Gaming
  • About

© 2025 theotherside.asia, Singapore

Are you sure want to unlock this post?
Unlock left : 0
Are you sure want to cancel subscription?