Hormuz Closure Warning
Iranian Parliament Speaker Mohammad Bagher Qalibaf warned on Tuesday that the Strait of Hormuz will stay shut until Washington delivers on its commitments under the June memorandum of understanding.

“Let me be clear, until America’s obligations in the memorandum of understanding, including lifting the blockade, releasing blocked assets, lifting oil sanctions, ending threats and military operations on all fronts, and other conditions that America has agreed to in the memorandum, are implemented, the strait will not be opened,” Qalibaf said.
Qalibaf, who served as Iran’s top negotiator in previous talks, also accused Washington of trying to squeeze Iran economically and fracture the country from within.
Iran Accuses US Pressure
“The enemy, in its new design, seeks economic pressure and the destruction of the country’s cohesion, and today, US government officials explicitly state this plan,” Qalibaf said.
“They want to win the game by creating dissatisfaction and creating a rift within Iranian society, a game in which they have clearly lost so far in the military and diplomatic arenas,” he added.

The US-Iran memorandum, mediated by Pakistan and Qatar and agreed in June, opened the way for a ceasefire and further negotiations towards a final deal.
Talks Remain Stalled
Talks have since ground to a halt, with the two sides clashing over maritime security, passage through the Strait of Hormuz and accusations that the agreement has been violated.
Washington has since restored its naval blockade of Iran, while Tehran has kept traffic through the Strait heavily restricted, crippling one of the world’s most important energy routes.
Iran International TV, via Viory.Video
Related Post:
Iran’s Araghchi says renewed negotiations with US remain undecided
Iran proposes linking national payment systems to speed trade and cut costs
Share this content:






