Article by Viory
Bodies Found Underwater
Maldivian rescue teams located the bodies of four missing Italian divers deep inside an underwater cave in Vaavu Atoll on Monday, four days after they disappeared during a deep-sea expedition.

Footage shows rescue boats heading towards the search area, as coast guard divers coordinated with officials onboard during the recovery operation.
The discovery came after the body of a fifth Italian diver, who was reportedly working as a diving instructor, had been found outside the cave system earlier.
Dangerous Cave Expedition
According to authorities, the group had been exploring a cave at a depth of around 50 metres on Thursday, well beyond the Maldives’ recreational diving limit of 30 metres.
Search operations were briefly suspended after a Maldivian military diver died during a dangerous mission attempting to reach the missing group inside the cave.
Government officials said the four bodies were eventually located by three Finnish diving experts working alongside Maldivian police and military teams.
Officials Continue Recovery
According to local media, government spokesperson Ahmed Shaam said the bodies were found close together ‘well inside the cave,’ in what he described as the third and largest section of the underwater system.

Officials said plans were underway to recover two bodies on Tuesday, with the remaining two expected to be retrieved the following day.
Presidential spokesperson Mohamed Hussain Shareef said authorities had allowed the group to conduct research on soft corals at the Devana Kandu dive site, but stressed that officials had not been informed the expedition involved cave diving.
Vessel Operations Suspended
Authorities also suspended operations of the vessel used by the group, the MV Duke of York, after officials said it lacked the required dive school permit needed for conducting diving expeditions in the Maldives.
According to reports, boat operator Abdul Muhsin Moosa said the vessel had permission for recreational dives up to 30 metres and insisted the divers had been informed about local depth restrictions before entering the water.
PSM Maldives, via Viory.Video
Related Post:
Bangladesh measles crisis – 459 children die in 2 months as outbreak overwhelms Dhaka hospitals
At least two killed, 13 buildings collapsed in devastating 5.2-magnitude earthquake
Share this content:






