Pope Calls For Peace
Pope Leo XIV has called for an end to “repeated violence against the Palestinian civilian population” in the occupied West Bank.
Speaking ahead of the Angelus prayer at the Apostolic Palace in Castel Gandolfo on Sunday, he also urged the international community to push forward efforts towards a two-state solution.

“I renew my appeal for an end to the repeated violence against the Palestinian civilian population in the West Bank. And I urgently ask the international community to ensure that progress is made toward the two-State solution for lasting peace,” Pope Leo XIV said.
West Bank Tensions Rise
His appeal comes after reports that Palestinian families in Qusra, south of Nablus, have been confined to their homes by Israeli settlers, with access to water and electricity cut.
The latest tension in Qusra comes amid a wider rise in settler attacks across the West Bank.

The UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs said in July that more than 1,330 settler attacks resulting in casualties or property damage had been recorded across 250 Palestinian communities since the start of 2026, averaging more than six incidents a day.
Calls For Two-State Solution
A senior UN official also warned the Security Council in New York on August 11 that “the West Bank is at breaking point”.
The Vatican has repeatedly backed a negotiated two-state solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, with Pope Leo calling for a political settlement based on equal rights and dignity for Palestinians and Israelis.
Article by Viory
Related Post:
Iran displays mangled US, Israeli aircraft it says were brought down in fighting
Heavy traffic pours into Sidon as Israeli strikes force families from southern Lebanon homes
Share this content:






